Whether you’re attending a conference, exhibition, training day or have an event speaking gig coming up, events are an incredible way to become noticed with your audience and your ideal clients. Even if you’re attending as a guest, showing the world your involvement can result in huge online following increase and enquiries.
I have powerful marketing hacks up my sleeve to leverage any opportunity to ensure you get publicity, create a buzz with your audience or just get noticed and on the radar of your ideal clients.
Event speaking is by far one of the fastest ways to raise your profile and become known as a credible expert in your field. Your ideal client could be in your audience OR, and this is huge… your ideal client could see your involvement whether on the event speakers list or from your newsletter or social media and still be impressed.
Attending events + event speaking + creating a buzz = impressed ideal clients who are more likely to now make an enquiry or buy from you.
In this article, you will discover how to leverage attending an event and how to leverage event speaking opportunities.
Before we dive in, you may also like find these articles intriguing;
How to leverage attending an event
Conferences, training, workshops, even networking events are a superb opportunity to help raise your profile and become more visible. Here’s how you can leverage attending any event…
Before the event
- Post on social media when you buy your ticket. Here’s an example;
“I’m so excited to reserve my seat for [name] event hosted by @[tag organizer] at @[tag venue] Can’t wait for the networking lounge! #EventHashtag”
- Mention to your mailing list that you’re going if the right time comes up, for instance, you’re talking about cool stuff you’ve done that week or have coming up.
- Post on social media the day before. Here’s an example;
“Looking forward to the @[tag organizer/event] event tomorrow, see you all there! #EventHashtag”
On the day
- Post on social media on the day. Bonus points for adding a picture. An example could be;
“On my way to @[tag event] at @[tag venue] I can’t wait to hear @[tag speaker] speak again, it’s going to be SO inspiring #EventHashtag”
- Do a Facebook Live or video of any sort when you arrive, during a break or after a talk that inspired you to share your excitement.
After the event
- Connect with attendees or speakers you met at the event on LinkedIn and follow on any other relevant channels.
- Write a blog post about your biggest takeaways and things you learned. Bonus points for embedding your video you filmed at the event or one with your post-event thoughts.
- Schedule your blog post on your social media platforms daily for the next 7 days and share it with your mailing list.
- Remember to repurpose your blog into a LinkedIn article too with a link to the original.
If you want to do more event speaking then try adding a ‘press page’ or similar to your website to show visitors you are open to these opportunities.
How to leverage speaking at an event
Before the event
- Post on social media when the organisers confirm you as a speaker. Here’s an example;
“Thrilled to be speaking at @[tag event] hosted by @[tag organizer/venue] in June. Grab your tickets to see me and gain VIP access to the networking lounge here [ticket link] #Event Hashtag”
- Mention that you are speaking at the event in your newsletters.
- Post on social media a week before. An example could be;
“Just putting the final touches on my talk at @[event] next week. Tickets are still available here [link] #EventHashtag
- Post on social media the day before. Something like;
“Getting ready to leave for the @[event] I’m speaking at tomorrow talking all things [topic]. Are you coming? #EventHashtag”
On the day
- Post on social media to share your excitement. Bonus points for a live video or photo of you at the venue!
- Ask someone, ideally a professional photographer, to take photos of you speaking.
- Post an image of you speaking on your social media channels during and after your talk using the #EventHashtag
After the event
- Share photos or film clip of you speaking at the event on social media.
- Add the image of you speaking to your next newsletter.
- Add the image and video clip of you speaking into your LinkedIn profile.
- If you want to do more event speaking then try adding a ‘press page’ or similar to your website to show visitors you are open to these opportunities.
- Add ‘Speaker’ to your LinkedIn headline too.
Wouldn't it be great to position yourself as a credible expert in your field and get in front of your dream clients?
Our one-off Publicity boosts are perfect to get media and speaking opportunities fast and with guaranteed results, it’s a surefire way to get raise your profile fast.